Thursday, August 8, 2013

Who's that girl?


yes, I just had to put a crown sticker on my head. It was too adorable. hehe.

Hi, my name is Princess and this is my blog for my Creative Thinking class. Honestly, I was actually quite iffy about making a blog when I first heard about it. I mean, what can I possible share to the world wide web? But here I am typing my random thoughts away. Apparently, I can actually blog about everything and anything, so please excuse my scattered thoughts, because I tend to be pretty vague sometimes. In this blog, I plan to not only share some itsy bitsy parts of my life, but I also hope that as I continue this blogging thing, I would be able to document my growth as a person, especially as an aspiring artist. So please, dear reader, join me as I venture out to this new journey full of learning experience with a spoonful of fun, a dash of dear and excitement, and a whole lot of color.

As I mentioned in my first post, I am currently studying in NAFA and I am pursuing a major in Illustration Design with Animation. I came from the Philippines, used to be a business major, and I just made a HUGE life decision to leave everything behind to pursue fine arts. In less than 2 months time, here I am in Singapore, living independently with my older brother, who has been working here for 3 years or so already , adjusting with a lot of changes. Despite of all these changes and a little mix of fear and homesickness, my 17 year old self is actually excited of what is to come. I'm excited to learn and just draw, draw, and draw! Ever since I was a child, I already have the desire for arts. I would always pick up a crayon or a pen and just doodle the hours away. I grew up joining contests and hey, I may not be the best in drawing, but I certainly wasn't that bad either. The fact that in a few years time I would be able to work in a creative industry sends me shivers down my spine. The opportunity for me to be able to not only do what I want, but to live with it as well! I cannot wait to share my work and be able to make it as a part of someone else's life. The mere idea of having my thoughts and making it into something concrete, something to be part of this world, is amazing.

I can say that this blog will be my personal outlet for what I will garner through the weeks, months, and years of my journey starting today. All I ask of you is to hang on with me and see me through.

Goodnight! and I shall post again soon.

Love,
Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment