Thursday, August 29, 2013

Disney Baby

I'm 100% sure that you know this picture. Yes, I am!! If not, then you're probably a person without any childhood an alien! How can anyone NOT recognize the orchestra sounds, the castle, the fairy dust, the ever famous "Walt Disney Pictures", and the giddy feeling in your toes whenever we're about to watch another epic movie from Disney. I'm a Disney baby and I'm proud of it! I grew up watching Micky Mouse and his adventures with Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, and yes, the lovable Pluto. I would dress myself up to be like the Disney Princesses I've grown to love, I can even memorize Under the Sea, I Won't Say I'm In Love, and other Disney soundtracks by heart! Who doesn't love Disney?? 


Walt Disney Animation Studios was founded on October 1923 and since then, it has produced 52 feature films up to date! Beginning with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves showed in 1937, the studio has been successful in producing films that have captured hearts of both young and old. Currently, Walt Disney Animation Studios is producing Frozen, their 53rd feature and the studio has been incorporating both hand-drawn and computer generated imagery techniques. However, I would like to focus more on the hand-drawn part of animation. If I haven't been able t emphasize it enough, Disney has been more than just part of my childhood. It brought itself to a very special place in my heart and it was a BIG part of my decision in pursuing arts. I am simply in awe on how much a little idea, a little scribble of sketch, can turn into. A simple drawing of a character, with enough magic, can be real, can be alive. I told myself that I want to be part of something so great and magical. With my passion in drawing, I want to be help create something that one day will affect someone's life. Just a smile from a child, or a memory brought back to the old ones. One simple magical feeling brought by a character from a story. Amazing, isn't it?
 Look at the picture above! Just a simple sketch of Ariel and the actual scene the sketch has been turned into. Gosh, I am so excited to learn as much as I can to be able to do that already!! Here are some pictures behind the scenes of the makings of the films. Actual actors were used to portray some scenes in some of the stories, so that the animators would be able to imagine the characters in details.






To be able to work for Disney is one of the top of my list in my bucket list and I don't know how I'll get there, but hey, we can all dream, can't we? Thinking about working for Disney and to be part of these processes makes me giddy already! However, the point of the matter is, I want everyone to know how animation and illustration can leave so much impact in someone's life. I mean, can you really imagine your childhood WITHOUT those Disney movies? Life would be so sad..hehe. The little things do matter, don't you agree? and hopefully, in the future, I'll not only be able to do what I love, but to inspire and be part of someone's life because of what I do too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment