Friday, September 20, 2013

Lorelay Bove







Tadaaaa. I immediately fell in love with these art works when I first laid my eyes upon them! These are made by none other than the lovely Lorelay Bove. When I first stumbled upon her works, I immediately googled her and ended up in her blog : lorelaybove.blogspot.com. Not only do I love her style, but I love her job as well!! She's currently working at the Walt Disney Animation Studios as a visual development artist, a.k.a. my dream job. Stalking about her life and what nots, I can honestly say that she's one of the people who inspired me to pursue the career of illustration. When I saw her career of illustrating characters for movies and designs for children's books, I said to myself, "I want need this!". 

Born in Spain, Lorelay Bove moved to Los Angeles when she was 14. After graduatingfrom CalArts in 2007, she started in working int he visual development department at Pixar Animation Studios as a trainee. Now, she has worked on Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" doing colors, characters, propes, and the overall visual development. She also worked on "Tangled", "Winnie the Pooh", "Prep and Landing", "The Ballad of Nessie". Lastly, she was the lead designer of "Sugar Rush" in "Wreck-It-Ralph"!! 

Her influences in her art style was Disney, according to her, since she grew up with the classics. She also admires painters like Miro and Kandinski. Her style reminiscences of illustrations from the 50s and 60s. She is fond of that time period as she grew up with classic hollywood films. She loves the style, colors, and the simplicity of the design.

Do check her blog out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment