Sunday, September 15, 2013

Wild Honey for the Hungry Bunny


From left to right: Raspberry scone with butter &jam, English Breakfast, European Breakfast

As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Last Sunday, my mom visited me and my brother for 3 days and we brought her to Wild Honey at the Mandarin Gallery along Orchard Road. Wild Honey is an all-day breakfast restaurant and it is known best breakfast places in the country! AND YES, their food really gave justice to its name. *drooools* hehe. The place is utterly adorable with its brick walls, hand written black board menus, to the mismatched tables and chairs to give of a quirky, yet homey atmosphere.

Wild Honey's menu consists of breakfast items of which each is named after a country's type of breakfast. (see picture below) We then settled for their best-sellers: English and European breakfast, we also ordered The Savory, which was the "special" breakfast of the day. Oh! we squeezed in some raspberry scone, while we wait for our meals to be served too! 

It was my first time to try a scone and I immediately looooved it! *love at first taste!!!* I didn't want to share it, but my brother & mom wanted to have a few bites too. The scone is a biscuit-bread type of pastry. It had a toasted golden crust, but the inner was sweet and moist. Definitely going back for it next time.

My mom ordered the English Breakfast which was probably the biggest breakfast meal in the store! The plate was filled with pork back bacon, Cumberland sausage, eggs, mushrooms, baked beans, baked potatoes, ripened tomatoes, and two slices of thick toast! Talk about eating like a king for breakfast!

My brother ordered The Savory which was the day's special, meaning it isn't actually part of the official menu. Unfortunately, I don't have any picture of it, but I'll try my best to use my words to describe them! The Savory consisted of a fish cooked in a metal pan together with scrambled eggs, herbs, and spices. Two slices of grilled toasts and ripened tomatoes were on the side too. I had a taste of my brother's order and it was light and tasty.

Finally! *drumroll pleaseeee* My order, the European Breakfast, was voted the favorite among the three meals! yayyy hehe. ( My family and I have this thing of whoever orders the tastiest meal gets the pride of having good taste. ) The European Breakfast is Wild Honey's version of eggs benedict. The meal consisted of two poached eggs with sauteed  mushrooms underneet the eggs, imported Italian proscuitto and homemade Hollandaise sauce,which tasted like cheese, on their brioche. Everything all went together very well. Omnomnom.

That wouldn't be my last time to drop by Wild Honey, for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment