Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What's up, Ketchup?


Hello there! How are you? things have been pretty busy for me lately, projects are piling up but thank God for our term break next week! From September 6-15, I would be able to have time to catch up with my projects and re-touch them if I have to. Some of my friends would be going back to their hometown/ countries, and I'm quite envious of them, really. Especially knowing that my best friend will be turning 18 this saturday and I wouldn't be able to attend her celebration. It'll be the first time in our 6 years of friendship that I wouldn't be there with her to celebrate. On the bright side, I will have 10 days to relax and visit the places around Singapore that I haven't been able to see yet!

Here's a jist of what I've been up to lately!
A Sketch A Day venture:
I've posted a short blogpost about this and fortunately, I've been quite consistent so far! Instead of wasting my blank hours doing nothing, I've tried sketching and doodling to discover what my style is and so far so good, hopefully I'll keep this up! Also, I'm planning to make more sketches to put it into my portfolio so that I wouldn't have a hard time when I have to apply for internships next year :)

Interior Madness:
One of the things that really take a HUUUGE chunk of my time is the interior designs of pretty houses. Lately I've been browsing through blogs looking at beautiful houses with nice kitchens and living rooms with the most adorable decorations. I guess I'm being too excited for the future, yeah? I really want to have my own house and decorate it myself! Not to mention trips to IKEA!!!! hehe, someday, Princess, someday.

Yummy Yam:
One of Singapore's signature street food is the ice cream stalls along the streets. Ah pe/ old uncles sell ice cream with the yummiest flavors! From the usual chocolate, mango, to corn, peppermint, blueberry...the flavors goes on and on, not to mention the 1 SGD price is pretty cheap too. You can also choose to eat the ice cream on cup, on wafer, in cone, or on bread. I got to try the famous Yam flavored ice cream and well, it tasted like yam. hehehe. It was sweet and cool, perfect for the sunny weather here :)

Thrift shop finds:
Deconstruction and Reconstruction is our latest lesson in our 3D Fundamentals class. In this project, we are to take some item, preferably an electronics gadget, and break it down to its individual parts then use thdestroye parts to reconstruct it into something else. In search for items that we could destroy deconstruct, my classmates brought me to a street near Raffles place, a 15-20 minute walk from NAFA. This street was full of street vendors selling hand me downs and useless electronics. From broken cameras, to motherboards, to empty Wi-Fi modem and DVD players. I didn't even know that such place exists and there are people who buy such things. A new adventure everyday,yeah? anyway, it was an odd place and the lady that we bought junk from happily told us to go back next week!

Another thrift shop I've discovered was New2U inside Singapore's Council of Women's Organization. All proceeds go to the funds of the said organization and one book caught my eye! It was only worth 1 SGD and it looked brand new. I bought it because I fell in love with its illustrated book cover and you know, I love pretty book covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment